26.4.09

Cindafuckin'rella

 
Over the past week I have watched Pretty Woman exactly three times. I love all the fantastic 90s outfits especially Viv's 'hooker' ensemble from the start. The whole concept of the story is the perfect fairy tale but the eye candy is to die for. Look out for those awesome bags hanging on the mannequin in the scene where the shop assistants wont serve her! 


I am craving this oversized red and black tux jacket! It is the perfect length, colour and style to chuck on over the top of anything and make it that little more.. rock. Since watching the movie for the first time I've been imagining how Viv came upon this wonderful piece and have come to believe that it was her high school boyfriend's favourite jacket- he gave it to her to keep her warm after a date one night and the next day she fled to LA still clutching it.. maybe.. probably not.
 
These outfits are fantastic, I especially love Viv's jewelery. I want to collect a large array of bracelets and bangles that I can layer like this. I like the idea of them all having significant meaning to you. I have a leather bracelet with a gold 'M' on it which I love because I have never seen anything like it and it used to be my Mum's, although she wore it as a 'W'. 
I love the dress with cut-outs and have been looking for something similar although not so extreme. Supre has a black cut-out dress at the moment that would look great with a lace leotard underneath.
I think I'm going to have to invest in a lovely oversized tux jacket.. Does anyone know where I can get one similar to Viv's, coloured or all black?
Ripped pantyhose & knee high boots, 

22 comments:

Suri May said...

pretty woman!!! absolutely love that movie! haha i did post on this a while back too when i first watched it. i like the before and afters :D
her outfit was very hookerish at the beginning wasn't it? but it was like...so cool. haha. i reckon you'd have to comb through heaps of op shops to find one :/ long process but if you end up finding the perfect tux jacket it'd be awesome! or alternatively just buy an oversized boys blazer...in some form :D

Laura Pulgarin said...

i love that movie too, and her outfits are amazing, hookerishh but still amazing

Anonymous said...

it's such a great movie, you've made me view it from a totally different perspective!

Anonymous said...

it's such a great movie, you've made me view it from a totally different perspective!

jae said...

i swear by thrift stores for anything that can`t be found in regular retail. if you can`t find what you`re looking for there...then the next best thing to do is make it yourself :)

Single Lady said...

I never thought about the fashion in pretty woman before I think I was too wrapped up in the story! Looking at it again though you are so right! I love that over-sized jacket. I think I need to re-watch this film now!

Te said...

She totally could have come by the jacket that way, sounds fitting to me. I love the 90's clothes too

I've never liked Pretty Woman very much because of what's his name..the main dude,wow, I can't believe I can't remember his name..thinking *really* hard. Shit..now I have to go and google it.

Andie said...

LOVE PRETTY WOMAN!! and her tuxedo jacket is coolness, sadly, i wouldnt know where to find one...
Th 90s are AWESOME!!

STEFANIE said...

3 times? WOW ^-^
I should watch it again some time, love the movie :)

suzie said...

i love it! pretty grungy actually!

moded'amour said...

love that movie, i've seen it so many times, but still love it!

Sarah Bradford-Burton said...

Richard Gere. He was pretty sweet in this one.

Fashionology said...

I love her in this movie!!!

Louise said...

i do love the whole oversized jacket thing, its just so effortless :).

i've tagged you in my quiz post!

xoxo

Becca. said...

pretty womans a fabulous movie!
come and check out my blog sometime! xx

Becca. said...

thankyou for the comment :)
i've added you to my links, please add me to yours xo

PISTOLWHIPPED said...

totally agree
we love watching we haven't seen for years and getting fashion inspiration! xxx

boubou said...

Love love julia roberts inspiration :)
wellif you wanna be inspired by my collages or just dreaming, come and visit my blog :)
a bientot!
Boubouteatime xx

AMIT said...

Its a cool pics of yours.

Simone perele lingerie

Sofi said...

Oh I love the movie, it's always been a bit of favourite and I've seen it so many times over the years, but it's been to long now, time to bring it out again. Also love the soundrack, Roxette are the best, ahhh, sweet memories :) Thanks for posting :)

Baby registry said...

I love watching pretty woman all over again. Julia played the role so well and I love her on this movie.

web design Los Angeles said...

This movie never fails to mesmerize me. I love it!