2.4.09

ob.ses.sion (noun) the state of being obsessed with something

I'm verging on becoming unhealthily obsessed with lace.
I see it and melt into a world of pre-war cabaret and
Diablo Cody-style exploits. It's just that lace is so brazen and tempting, not to mention easy to wear and looks fantastically quirky strutting down the city streets with a pair of beat up Docs. And I admit. I have come to possess a whopping collection of lace tights, leggings and undergarments.
But there is still more lace out there waiting to be added to my infantile collection.
I wish I could wear lace like these lovelies.






I cannot remember where the first pic is from at all- please comment if you do.
The last two are from the always inspiring 
Jak & Jil

lace knickerbockers & sequined clutches,

16 comments:

Bianca said...

i want sooome!

Abby said...

I am in agreeance.
I am loving lace.and always havereally.
but must put lace all over everything.
even my face.
because lace rhymes with face.
everythinng that rhymnes must be best friends.
i have a headache.
xx

Anonymous said...

Lace is magic if you can pull it off. For me it's just lace tights and undergarments. Oh no wait I made a daisy lace skirt once...

XXASAB
PS.Great start.

Anonymous said...

Oooo I saw someone wearing those shoes, and thought they were amazing. This is in Paris, no doubt.

Juliet said...

yay i found a fello blogger from melbourne!!! nice to meet you, i'd love to keep updated with you!

i actually don't have much tips, whatever i like or love, i just share it with the blogging world, chances that you may find others who may love it too.

www.herinfluences.blogspot.com

casey said...

Oh my god, me too. Seriously, I can not get enough lace.

Pot of tea said...

Just keep doing what you're doing Maddy! Beautiful taste in lace!

Kitiya Palaskas said...

I love lace!! Your blog looks great so far! I'm really into your writing - can't wait to read more! xx Kit

Laura Pulgarin said...

the gloves are amazing. ive had an obsession with lace too

Sam Aldenton said...

I love these chloe boots!!!

Blicious said...

love the pics!

x said...

haha yeah i can sympathize! my homecoming dress was a black lace mini and now i just can't stop buying it . . .

Couture Carrie said...

Love the lace leggings!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

ooo i want tights like these!

Posh said...

LOVE lace and the shoes on the last picture are SO gorgeous (and expensive ..)!!

Anonymous said...

i seem to share your obsession. only i'm obsessed with lace and florals. together. hm.